List of valid Indian Universities :
Here below have lettle information of some of India's valid Institutes and Universities. This information is not so complete. But it can help to those students who don't know much about other state universities and may go for invalid Institutes or University.
* IIT Guwahati Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Guwahati or IITG), the sixth member of the IIT fraternity, was established in 1994. The academic programme of IIT Guwahati commenced in 1995.
At present the Institute has eleven departments covering all the major engineering and science disciplines, offering B. Tech., B. Des., M. Tech., Ph.D. and M.Sc. programmes. Within a short period of time, IIT Guwahati has been able to build up the necessary infrastructure for carrying out advanced research and has been equipped with state-of-the-art scientific and engineering instruments.
* Tezpur University
* IIIT Hyderabad The International Institute of Information Technology (formerly Indian Institute of Information Technology), Hyderabad is an autonomous, self-supporting institution started in 1998 with seed support from the Government of Andhra Pradesh. A major goal of IIIT is to impart a uniquely broad and interdisciplinary IT education of the highest academic quality. This is achieved through an integrated curriculum that consists of a highly diverse set of IT courses, interdisciplinary IT research projects, day-to-day interaction with industry, preparation in entrepreneurship and personality development courses.
* University of Hyderabad
* Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU)
* Osmania University Osmania University is located in Hyderabad in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Osmania University, established in 1918, is the seventh oldest in India, the third oldest in south India and the first to be established in the erstwhile princely state of Hyderabad. Throughout its existence of over eight decades, it has shown remarkable progress and sustained an integrated development of all faculties. It has significantly contributed to the academic and economic development of not only the region but also of the Country. Its alumni have distinguished themselves nationally and internationally in various spheres of life and are spread far and wide around the world.
* Sri Venkateswara University
* NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
* Dr B R Ambedkar Open University
* Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University
* Acharya N G Ranga Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University
* Arunachal University
* Amravati University
* Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University
* Bihar Institute of Technology
* Indian School of Mines, Dhanabad
* Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
* Nalanda Open University
* Patna University
* University of Delhi
* Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
* Jamia Millia Islamia
* Jawaharlal Nehru University
* Indian Agricultural Research Institute The Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) is the leading institution for research and advanced education in agricultural science in India. It was established in 1905 as the Imperial Agricultural Research Institute, and was recognized as a 'deemed university' in 1958 by an act of Parliament and since then it has awarded M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees. It is financed and administered by the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). The IARI was responsible for the research leading to the "Green revolution" of the 1970s. The campus was originally located in Pusa, Bihar and was shifted after the Bihar earthquake of 1934 to New Delhi to a place which is now called Pusa in New Delhi.
* School of Planning and Architecture
* Goa University
* Goa Institute of Management
* National Institute of Oceanography
* Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT) is an educational institution situated in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It was established in 2001. Initially offering only the BTech program in ICT (Information and Communication Technology), it now offers M.Des.,MS(IT), MTech(ICT), MS(IT-Agriculture) and PhD programs.
* Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar
* Gujarat Agricultural University
* Maharashi Dayanand University (MDU)
* MDI, Gugaon
* Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
* National Institute of Technology (NIT), Hamirpur,erstwhile REC Hamirpur, http://nitham.ac.in
* Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill, Shimla, http://hpuniv.nic.in
* C.S.K. Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur, http://hpkv.hp.nic.in
* Dr YS Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry, Nauni, Solan
* Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT), Vaknaghat, Solan, http://jiitindia.org
Jammu and Kashmir
* Birsa Agricultural University
* BIT Mesra
* NIT Jamshedpur
* Vinoba Bhave University
* XLRI Jamshedpur The Xavier Labour Relations Institute is an Indian business school in the steel city of Jamshedpur. It was founded in 1949.
Over the last few decades, XLRI Jamshedpur has contributed its best to the professional growth and management of innumerable institutions that's serve the public especially organized industry, labour, service agencies engaged in rural development, education, health and other public systems. Besides the focus on developing managerial competence among the pupils through acquisition of specialized knowledge and skills, the Institute emphasizes the importance of developing a sense of social justice with right attitudes and values of discipline, dedication and commitment among all its members.
* Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
* Kuvempu University
* Mysore University
* Bangalore University
* Indian Institute of Science The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is one of the premier post-graduate institutions of research and higher learning located in Bangalore, India. It offers postgraduate and doctoral education to over 2,000 active researchers working in 37 specialized departments -- ranging from aerospace engineering to molecular biophysics. IISc was ranked No. 1 in India in terms of research output (citation and impact factor) by the journal Current Science.
* Karnatak University
* University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
* University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad
* Kerala University
* Calicut University, Calicut Kozhikode, previously known as Calicut, is the third largest city (pop. 801,190:1991) in the state of Kerala, India.
* Kochi University of Science and Technology, Kochi Kochi is both a city in India and a city/prefecture in Japan.
o Kochi, India
o Kochi, Kochi, Japan
o Kochi prefecture, Japan
o Kochi font
Also, Gypsies, are known in Afghanistan as Kochi. See: Roma and Sinti
* University of Mumbai The University of Mumbai in Mumbai, India was established as the University of Bombay in 1857. It was one of the first educational institutions established by the British in India following Sir Charles Wood's Dispatch on Education in 1854.
Five Star Universities of India
..... Click the link for more information.
* University of Pune, Pune
* University of Nagpur, Nagpur
* University of Pune, Pune
* North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon
* Babasaheb Ambedkar Technical University (B.A.T.U.), Lonere
* Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai
* SNDT University, Mumbai
* Panjab University, Chandigarh
* Punjab Technical University - Jalandhar
* Guru Nank Dev University - Amritsar.
* Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani.